Monday, November 07, 2011

***

If I was a flame
I would spread my burning urge like a wildfire
You would have to blow my glowing spirits out for safety

But I'm not a flame

If I was a sparrow
I would land on your hand trembling
You would have to feed my heart of fright

But I'm not a sparrow

If I was an autumn leaf
I would guilt you in to keeping my colors of passing
You would have to shelter my withered existence between the blank pages of your evenings

But I'm not an autumn leaf

If I was a magnifying glass
I would eagerly study your aching features in the candle light of your patience
You would have to swerve between the lamp posts of my discernment

But I'm not a magnifying glass

If I was a cat...
Yes!
If I was a cat
Attracted by the seductive balminess of your pleas
I would stretch the slender body of my timid contentment on your lap
I would land the soothing pillow of my paws on your cheek
I would wrap the tail of my unobtrusive presence round your ankles
I would sink under the touch of an unfamiliar hand
And you would caress my furry affection easing off the throbbing urge

No comments:

Post a Comment